Monday 21 February 2011

A very very sad day

I don't know all the reasons why you did it Uncle H but I’m so sorry that your head had obviously gotten into such a dark place that taking your own life seemed your only option for release.

Out of the three Uncles I have you were the only one that deserved the name Uncle.

Rest in peace, you will forever live in my memory with your leg twitching up and down, using your jean leg as an ashtray for your rollies, rubbing the ash into the denim and for all the wonderful woodwork you did.




Unfortunately these bloody awful things always seem to come in threes, last night I discovered that a girl I knew from school (who weirdly ended up married to my ex's cousin) lost her fight against her fourth lot of Cancer. And this morning before the police turned up on my Mum's doorstep in the afternoon, I found out that a friend from school's Mum lost her battle with a brain tumour last week. I remember sitting at her kitchen table as a wee Taz, they had such a happy family.

Aggghhhhhh!!!


Sorry but I may not be completing my post a day February Challenge as I take some time to process all this.

13 comments:

Lx @ Twelve said...

Taz - very saddened to read your post, its an awful lot to get your head around, so much loss in so little time..

Sending you a hug

Lx

Twiggy said...

Aww that's sad, sending you and your family a big hug and a kiss from Twiglet.
twiggy x

Anonymous said...

*big big hugs* sweetie...
When life decides to chuck shit at us its never just a little bit but a whole barrowful!!
You're in my thoughts...
Em xxxxxxx

Nearly there Claire said...

Oh Taz, how awful.

I'm so so sorry you're having a real time of it lately... life is a rotten old thing the way it throws these things at us, reminding us just how precious it is.

Huge hugs and kisses for you, my sweet friend. xxx

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What an awful time you are going through. Just know that there are plenty of friends here who don't mind if you shout and rave. We only have hugs and hope this helps just a little.
Jenny x

VintageVicki said...

Taz - so sorry to read of all this sadness in your life at the moment. Sending you a cyber hug xxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oh Taz, how awful and how sad. Really sorry. xx

LissyLou said...

how awful, i am so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you x

menopausalmusing said...

Sad times............ stay strong....

bibbitybob said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, sending lots of love your family's way x

Curry Queen said...

So sorry to hear you are having to cope with such bad news all at once. Thinking of you. CQ x

The Girl said...

So sorry to hear this Taz. Thinking of you.

x

Deanna said...

Sending comforting hugs across the ocean.

Deanna