Thursday 3 February 2011

Today I had to be a grown up

Today I had to put on smart clothes.
Today I had to answer lots of questions.
Today I had huge mammoth winged butterflies in my tummy.
Today I ...........


went before a panel and was approved to be a Foster Carer.


Yaay!!!


It's something I've been working hard on over the last year, preparing us, preparing the house, reading thousands of books about all sorts of terrible things and oodles of research on wonderful things too. Filling in form after form after form. Baring my soul and everything that's happened to me in the last 41 years.


It's been exhausting, exciting, un nerving, interesting and emotional.

But it's been good and now I'm nervous and excited about what will happen next on our journey.

So that was my Thursday, how was yours?

13 comments:

Beki said...

Of course you were approved, they'd be crazy not to of approved you.
So excited for you!

Love ya long tme hunni

B xxx

auntiegwen said...

Well done sweetie xxxxx you will be amazing

bibbitybob said...

That is berluddy amazing!! Fantastic news, and what an inspirational thing to be doing. Muchos kudos to you xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Taz!!!
Well done you and what an amazing thing you're going to be doing.
*hugs*
Em xxxxxxx

VintageVicki said...

That sounds like a tough but rewarding day :)

Good luck :) xx

menopausalmusing said...

Sod my Thursday, yours was fantastic. WELL DONE!
:O))))))))))))

Unknown said...

Welldone you!What an amazing and truely worthwhile thing you are doing.

Vicky x

The Girl said...

Oh my goodness what an amazing thing to do, that's brilliant.

My Thursday was less eventful and important and life changing than yours, although I did go out for dinner with a friend and spotted a colleague who's been on long term sick leave enjoying a meal out - Hmmmmm!

Jude said...

Well done you!!
You are wonderful!
Take care
x

Twiggy said...

Hey honey
I'm work fatigued so haven't been around for a short while. Well done you, I can't think of anyone who would do a better job. Lots of luck, you'll be great
twiggy x

Curry Queen said...

I really admire people who have the strength to do that - it will be really hard work I'm sure but also one of the most rewarding things you will ever do. More power to you!

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Holy Moly.. my thursday was nothing compared to that! .... I hobbled around like an old woman after puting my back out shifting the chicken coop!

you'll be a wonderful foster mum... way to go Taz! xxxxxx ;D

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is amazing!! Kudos to you!

My Thursday was uneventful. Like, 100% uneventful. Woke up, went to work, came home, went to sleep. I'd very happily trade places with you!