Monday 3 May 2010

Wow oh wow

I was really stuck for ideas to give to my Mum for what she could get me for Christmas, eventually inspiration or desperation struck and I suggested she get me a voucher for something at our local beauty salon. I'm friends with the girl who owns/runs it. Well we've been drunk together a couple of times and she text me in the early hours of Christmas morning telling me her boyfriend had proposed on their (our) return from the pub on Christmas Eve. Awwwww. The ring is amazing by the way. ;)



So anyway Christmas day my Mum gives me an envelope which contained a voucher for a luxury facial. Very nice I thought. But then the envelope sat on a shelf in my kitchen. I'd pick it up from time to time and think hmmm yes I really should make an appointment to get that done. Then back on the shelf it would go. Well if someone had told me how amazing my skin would feel and look after one I'd have had that baby booked on Boxing day!
I had my face rubbed with creams and gorgeous smelling oils, my neck massaged and finally a parafin wax placed all over my face and then she left me with soothing music and fluffy warm towels in a dark room. Wow now that really is a treat - peace!

At least now I know exactly what to ask for next time someone wants to treat me. ;)

4 comments:

JuicyFig said...

I bet you were all aglow after that! it must be about 10 years since I had a job that paid enough for a treat like that every now and again! these days I am lucky if the dog licks my face!

Kath
x

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I have considered it and when I dare to look at my reflection in the mirror I cringe at the poor old worn face that gazes back at me...

I will suss out the prices and perhaps sneak it onto my birthday list... by the end of the summer hols I will definitely need one! lol

x Alex

lisa ridgeon said...

Nothing like a bit of pampering. Glad you enjoyed your treat. You got a photo too, you look completely different with a facepack on!

X X

Twiggy said...

Good for you missus. My very kind SIL booked us both in for a spa day when Twiglet was 6 weeks old, I was so relaxed duing my massage, I nodded off :)nothing to do with night feeds obviously !!
Twiggy x