Sunday 2 May 2010

I've been a busy bee

I've not blogged for a few days as I've been helping out at my friend's shop. It's a brilliant wee shop called The Rainbow Hat. They run a stall at a lot of rallys, galas and fetes all over Scotland and they are a great couple. I just help out on the odd days when they have to go far afield and are doing it as family time.



Colourful isn't it?



They opened this shop about 18 months ago and people come from all over the place, even Englandshire, to shop



Anyway while I've been there this week I've had the time to do a bit of crafting. I know shocking isn't it? So far this year my crafting mojo seems to have been living under a rock.

Anyway I got a bit of knitting done.

Can you tell what it is?

I've also got some stencilling time in. These are for my newest wee neighbour born recently.



Sorry about the bad photos, I took them on my camera phone and the light wasn't so great.

Oh and just one quick question. Have you seen the advert on tv for John Lewis? Well I was just wondering why is it the lady in red get's taller the older she gets? By the time she gets to the old lady stage she's like a giant! Anyone else notice that? Or is it just me and my odd ways again? Hmm thought so.

4 comments:

Sue at Dollytub Cottage said...

Maybe she gets taller 'cos there's no kids swinging on her apron strings by then! That ad's a pain in the bum - ever since I watched it, I can't stop singing the stupid song.SueXX

Samsara said...

Wow, that's such a pretty shop! Just my kind of thing :) so colourful! I think I'd probably shop there if I were nearer *lol*

menopausalmusing said...

That shop looks fantastic. I'll you what though, your stencils are brilliant. They have a lovely fresh contemporary look. You could sell them.......... Haven't noticed that about the John Lewis girl, but I shall be watching now.....

JuicyFig said...

You knitted a gin bottle cover!!!!

What a brilliant little shop - I want to come and rummage!

re adverts - the second the adverts come on we turn the sound off, as sky seam to broadcast them several decibels higher than the programmes, so wierdly I haven't heard or taken notice of adverts for about 6 years - truely liberating! hehehe

Kath
x