Sunday 16 May 2010

Put on your dancing shoes

I don't know about you but I LOVE music. I have music on at every chance I get. My alarm in the morning is set for the radio. Probably not one of my better ideas as I tend to just incorporate the music into my dreams but I have my mobile with annoying buzzy noise as back up ;)
Then it's down for breakfast and the radio is straight on in the kitchen. Every trip in the car is accompanied by either a CD or the radio. When I worked in the pub I had the tv constantly set to a music channel until the punters came in and wanted the news or.....boring sports on.
My ipod is full and rather than take any music off it I just need a bigger memory one :)

I'm always buying CDs, my kids think it's great as inevitably I buy one's that they like to. In fact not so long ago I noticed a huge chunk of my CD collection missing. I discovered it in big one's bedroom where she had been putting them all on to her Ipod. :)

Anyone looking at my collection will instantly see I have a bit of an eclectic taste, that is I don't just like one sort of music. But I had to draw the line at Miley Cyrus's album. I did the nice Mummy thing and bought it for wee one but it's not going anywhere near my ears thank you very much. But I do have to admit to quite liking a couple of Selena Gomez's tracks - reward for having a good school report. ;)

Big one told me about Spotify a while back. Well i say told me she actually downloaded it for me, showed me how it worked and it's great. A great way to check out an album (if it's there, not everything is) before you go the whole hog and buy it. Or if like me you only like a couple of tracks well there they are, no bother. I do have to warn you though, for this free service there are constant adverts but I just mute it while they're on, you can pay to have a premium account and then you lose the adverts but hey we're on a budget right?

Good old youtube is great though if you really want to get in the mood with the music and see the video too. It was during an evening with nothing much else to do that I came across this cover.



The Gossip - Careless Whisper (Cover)

I hope you like it as much as I do.

Thanks to youtube I had a great evening last week reminicising. The first concert I ever went to was Erasure in 1990 in Manchester. I loved them, had all their albums on cassette and even had quite a few of their tours on video. After spending an evening listening to all their old tracks (yes they are still going) I now want to get all their backlist on CD, damn shame I've already had my birthday and it's 7 months till Christmas.

1 comment:

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I too am an eclectic mix of all manner of music... from Pink floyd to pink... ;D

however I am not that into Erasure... or hte petshop boys... Mr P is however reliving his 80's and 90's... so its all fun here! lol

x Alex