Thursday 1 April 2010

Ummm hello

Did we or did we not just put our clocks forward an hour to British Summer time?
Is it or is it not supposed to be Spring?
Then why did I wake up to snow and howling gales today?
Oh and did I mention no electricity. The lines went down in the early hours of the morning so that meant no heat and more importantly no alarm clocks and we had to have big one down the road for 8.45am to get her on the mini bus as she's off to the Isle of Wight on a Scouting Rally. Fortunately we made it in time, none of us showered or even fed but we did it. :) Their troop is the only Scottish troop going so they'll be flying the flag for Scotland while they're there. There is a full range of activities so no doubt come next week we will be collecting very tired kids off that bus.


I'll be phoning my Mum tomorrow to make sure she's ok as I see from this evenings news the North Wales coast line is taking a battering from the sea my nephew sent me a link of face book and the according the pictures from the local news part of the sea road has been ripped up, houses are flooded but not in my mum's immediate area thankfully.



So frustrating, its not until you're without something that you realise how much you rely on it. Thankfully we got our power on by mid morning so wee one and I snuggled down under a blanket and watched a dvd before her Dad came to whisk her away for the evening. That's probably another reason I'm feeling sorry for myself, one baby on her way to far away land Isle of Wight and wee one off to her Dad's house. Me home alone needing a cuddle.

That's my moan over :)

The Hairy Biker show was brilliant, unfortunately I didn't get chosen to go up on the stage and eat their food but they certainly didn't come across as a miserable pair so I'm assuming my pal got that wrong. ;) I'll do a proper post all about it next time.

2 comments:

Twiggy said...

If you lived nearer you could come and stay at my Mums for Easter with me and Twiglet !! Eat lots of choccy and keep cosy and watch lots of telly !!
Twiggy x

JuicyFig said...

Just close yur eyes, click your heals together 3 times and repeat "there's no time like summer, there's no time like summer"

if that doesn't work, errr - eat chocolate!

Kath
x