Wednesday 20 July 2011

Wordy Wednesday

On the Way to School - Charles Ghigna

I'll tell you why I'm tardy and I hope my excuse will do.
I stopped to view upon a leaf a spider and some dew.
She spun a web before my eyes with a soft and silver hue,
And when she looked, I looked at her and whispered, "Peekaboo!"

I think I may have startled her and so I waved good-bye,
But when I turned around to go, I met a butterfly!
I almost caught him in my hand to bring to class for you,
But when I tried to peek inside, away my treasure flew.

And that is how I'm tardy, but I had to tell you why.
It's all the fault of a spider's web and a sneaky butterfly!

3 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

I really like that, thanks for sharing.

Annaboo's House said...

Ha ha!
This was just like my walk home from preschool, when I decided to let the little'un out of the pushchair to walk home.
Bad idea.
Who'd have known that stones could hold such interest for a 21month old?
X

Pink Feather Paradise said...

mine would probably be....

Im tardy coz im lardy
and my fat ass wouldnt fly
all the way to school it dragged
no matter how I tried...

;D
xx