Wednesday 13 June 2007

The power of old friendships

A few years ago I moved away from the place where I had grown up, where my family still live, where the people who have been my friends for a very long time and probably know me better than I know myself still live. I now live somewhere where I have made a handful of friends, somewhere where no one really knows me at all. Now don't get me wrong sometimes that has major advantages but after spending an evening on the phone with two of my oldest friends, laughing good dirty belly laughs, debating all aspects of the current events in our lives, reminiscing over crazy things we've done and the crazy things we'll probably do this summer when we get to meet up, I'm glad that no matter where I am in the world I know there will always be someone who cares

6 comments:

Unknown said...

After 42 years, I did the same thing 2 years ago. It was time for a change. I still miss my friends, my family, my church. But I'm enjoying everything in my new home now too. Its a good thing to do.

Taz said...

That's good to hear that you are enjoying your 'new life' :D I've been here for 5 years now and while I wouldn't move back to where I came from it doesn't stop the occassional pang for those I left behind.

Bumbershootska said...

A lot of of us in Blogland care about you, too - ya know ;)
but I totally understand about the pangs that happen after moving away from home...

Taz said...

Thanks sweetie, that means a lot ((hugs))

mooniebutt said...

"Old friends is always best, 'less you can catch a new one that's fit to make an old one out of." That's one of my favorite sayings! You have a (new) friend in Wisconsin, USA!

Taz said...

I love that saying and I am so happy that I have you to make an old friend of (((hugs)))