Wednesday 18 February 2009

Stand back....

my stomach feels like it's going to explode!
My mum bought us a waffle maker and tonight we had waffles again. This time it was big fluffy ones and my god they are filling.


A customer commented to me last night that I have lost weight. Think he might change his mind if he could see my tummy just now LOL
That's where I seem to have spent my week so far....work. But I guess the extra money will be handy as apparently a pint of lager costs roughly £4.50 over in Denmark. :o
This morning I spent hours filling out an application form for a full time job. I'm not going to say too much as I don't want to jinx myself but it's in the field that I was in before I took the career break with the kids and yes it would mean less crafting time but ah well I probably shouldn't set my hopes up too high.

Other news is that I had a lot of the books I had on order for ages from the library arrive today.
The librarian did double check that I still wanted this one.

"Of course!" I replied. Well to be fair to her I have had it on order since an age before Xmas but at least now I've got plenty of time to read it and save the recipes I want to try for next Xmas. :D

I have a lot of inspiration to look forward to, here are two of the other books now in my possession. Well for a few weeks.


I didn't realise how lucky I am that I can request books for free with my library, I didn't know there was a charge with other librarys. To be honest I think that's terrible, isn't the whole point of the library that it is a way to get books for free? Plus if people don't request them to be brought to their local library the interesting books just all sit in one library forever. Our local library is only a wee thing and is only open for 2 hours, 5 days a week but the staff are brilliant.

As I've had my Mum staying up with us I've had chance for her to sit with me and refresh my very rusty crochetting skills. With a bit (lot) more practice I'm hoping that I might just be able to produce something half decent sometime this year.

I am so looking forward to sharing something very sweet with you tomorrow, till then here are my favourite outside flowers.


And thanks to everyone who sent big one birthday wishes. She had all her hair cut off today into a funky short style. Now she looks even more grown up! :)

3 comments:

Beki said...

Mmmm waffles! I've looked at these waffle makers a few times but opted against it, I really can't afford to put on any more weight lol.
I ordered Apples for Jam from the library and loved it so much I put it straight on my christmas list.
Take care
Hugs
Beki xxx

Unknown said...

waffles & pancakes are one of the things Matt FORCES me to eat on a regular basis. Now he's out of work again and in charge of the kitchen I get 3 meals a day and will have to be hoisted about on a crane pretty soon ; )

Shabby Chick said...

Sorry, I didn't realise I'd affect you so deeply ;) Thanks so much for the message, I am really hoping I sell at least something! Very worried I'll come back with the lot though :-/

And finally a Homer moment... Mmmmmmm waffles *drools*

mel xxx