Wednesday 25 February 2009

I'm baaaaack!



Thanks to everyone who wished me a nice time. It was lovely but boy believe people when they tell you Denmark is expensive!



Despite several of the Danish people (who were lovely) telling us that Danes are kinda closed and private, all the one's we met didn't seem to be. Maybe that's just the effect we have on people. :D


We walked for miles and did the sites.



And tasted the food.
This is a typical brunch. I forgot to place the plate of fresh fruit and pancakes in the shot. Ooops


This is called Danish hash.
Basically it is bits of beef and pork and fried potatoes, served with a fried egg on top and bread on the side.
I don't think I cleared my plate once while we were away. BIG portions. I also had a local kind of stew thing which was gorgeous but didn't take a photo as the restaurant was kind of dark and I wasn't up to frightening all the other diners with the flash on my camera. LOL


All the florists were a riot of colour and I'd have loved to bring so many plants home with me, including a wee lemon tree with huge lemons. All planted up in a normal size plant pot! But I doubt I'd get many lemons up here in Scotland.


And my dear husband kindly made me stand in front of this shop while he took my photo. Can you see why?


Actually I took a photo of him outside a shop earlier in the day but he says that is not for general consumption. Let's just say the name of the shop was the word used for a needle entering your skin only with out the c before the k. ;)

Back tomorrow with pics of my lovely bookmark that I won in Dinosaurtoes giveaway, the gooeyist chocolate cake ever that I made for big one for her birthday and finally the results of the 'what I did with the teapcups' saga.

4 comments:

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Glad you had a fab time, I have to admit I have never considered going to Denmark...
can't wait to see your chocolate cake.... sounds scrummy!

x Alex

mollycupcakes said...

It looks lovely there and food very yummy.
Loving those flowers, so pretty.
Glad you had a great break.
Thanks for joining in the heart swap, I'll post who your with on the 10th March.
Hugs,
Catherine x

Shabby Chick said...

Heehee great shop name! Glad you had such a good time :)

Mel xxx

Flossie and Tom said...

Glad you had a good time

It looks wonderful - better start saving

sara