Friday 19 December 2008

Meme and you

Good grief it really is amazing some of the things you discover while browsing around the t'internet isn't it.
This website has had me a fit of giggles this evening. I've heard of giving animals human tendancies (what ever that big word is for that) but never doing the same to furniture. Crazy but really funny.

A worrying thing I did read about is that there may be new legislation coming into effect in February of next year meaning that handmade toys/crafts for children will become illegal to sell. Has the world gone totally mad? Check it out.
If it does come into effect think of how many people this is going to effect not only in America but across the globe.

Ok so I said a Meme didn't I? I came across this 99 things meme over on peasoup's blog. And thought it looked like a bit of fun and maybe something to take our minds of the fact that it's so few sleeps till the big C day now.

Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font


1. Started your own blog. Eh?

2. Slept under the stars.

3. Played in a band. Not so much a rock band but was an orchestra does that count?

4. Visited Hawaii. Nope but I'd like to

5. Watched a meteor shower. Again on the I'd like to list.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Not sure how this works but I've given a lot even if I could have sold it on ebay like other -stepfords- people do round here.

7. Been to Disneyland/world.

8. Climbed a mountain. I was born in Wales and live in Scotland...what are the chances?

9. Held a praying mantis.

10. Sang a solo. Yep even on a stage but that was when I was younger, now I have to have had copious amounts of alcohol.

11. Bungee jumped. Ummm no.

12. Visited Paris. Maybe one day.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. I think I did when I was a kid but my memory is getting worse as I creep ever closer to the big 4.0.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Well if you don't include books, other lovely bloggers tutorials or craftster.

15. Adopted a child.

16. Had food poisoning. Oh yes and isn't that a joyful memory.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. Nope but have seen the Satute of Liberty.

18. Grown your own vegetables. And will do again once I have built a fence round my plot to stop the dogs sleeping, digging and *****ing on it.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. Seen copies, prints and pictures in magazines in other countries though.

20. Slept on an overnight train. No but have fallen asleep on trains that were not overnighters.

21. Had a pillow fight. Yeah but the pillows never burst with the feathers going everywhere like they do in the movies.

22. Hitch hiked. Yes but don't every tell my mother.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.

24. Built a snow fort. What exactly is a snow fort because I might have built one but we just called it something different.

25. Held a lamb. And fed them... with a bottle.

26. Gone skinny dipping. Yes but it wasn't quite the romantic thing people might invision. I like boys and so does he LOL

27. Run a marathon. I do NOT do running.

28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. Nope

29. Seen a total eclipse.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Both and probably all in the same day too. ;)

31. Hit a home run. Yeah I wasn't bad with the old rounders bat in school.

32. Been on a cruise. Not something I've ever wanted to do.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person,

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Not sure where my ancestors were from but think most of them were from where I was born anyway. :/

35. Seen an Amish community.

36. Taught yourself a new language. Not taught myself, but was taught French in school.

37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Again eh?

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing. With and without ropes, safety harnesses and helmets but once again....don't tell my mother.

40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.

41. Sung Karaoke. See question 10

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. On tv but I'm guessing this means in person.

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance. But I wasn't the patient.

47. Had your portrait painted.

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistene chapel in person.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. But nowhere exotic. Scuba diving in local pool when I was a teenager and a bit of snorkelling when on holidays.

52. Kissed in the rain.

53. Played in the mud.

54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. I wish we had them over here.

55. Been in a movie. No but I was on Play School when I was about 11.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. Neither Girl Guides nor Scouts have cookies to sell over here.

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Him indoors does do that and infact big one bought me a bunch last weekend just because she wanted to.

64. Donated blood. All the time until they brought the new ruling in that if you'd been the recipient of a blood transfusion you're not allowed to anymore. The recent give blood adverts drive me demented because I would gladly give them my blood :(

65. Gone sky diving.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.

67. Bounced a cheque. According to an old bank that I subsequently left I did but I did NOT and they did apologise but I closed my account anyway.

68. Flown in a helicopter. Yep in Florida last year and it was amazing.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Yep first ever Teddy that my Dad bought for me that was 4 times bigger than me when I was born.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar Yes but can't say I'd rush to do it again.

72. Pieced a quilt. I like the idea but think the fiddlyness of it would drive me insane.

73. Stood in Times Square. Oh yes indeed last month :D

74. Toured the Everglades. Is that where you hear banjo music?

75. Been fired from a job.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. Several times, going to London was our annual holiday as kids, mother has family down there.

77. Broken a bone. Bones in my foot when big one was 6 months old but I can state that it was nowhere near as painful as when I tore the ligaments in my ankle 4 years previously.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle Lots and lots of times.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.

80. Published a book.

81. Visited the Vatican.

82. Bought a brand new car. I haven't but him indoors did once. Mad fool that he was back then.

83. Walked in Jerusalem.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Never by choice but yep, infact apparently my mug shot was in the paper the other week when I was doing the face painting up at wee one's school Xmas fair. I didn't see it though and no-one kept me a copy.

85. Read the entire Bible.

86. Visited the White House.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. If you can't do it then you shouldn't be eating it.

88. Had chickenpox. 2 weeks before my O levels and they still made me sit them. Grrr.

89. Saved someone’s life. Not that I'm aware of.

90. Sat on a jury.

91. Met someone famous.

92. Joined a book club.

93. Lost a loved one. Too many. :(

94. Had a baby.

95. Seen the Alamo in person.

96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.

97. Been involved in a law suit. I use to work for the prosecutions department and then the police if that means anything.

98. Owned a cell phone. Not being picky but mine's a mobile phone :)

99. Been stung by a bee. But only because I had made it perform bee gymnastics by rolling it between my thumbs as I was twiddling them half asleep while camping at about the age of 8. Poor bee I think I cried more for the bee than I did my thumb.

Right must go to bed now. Him indoors has just swayed in from his night out with the boys and I've got a loooong day tomorrow. It's the workman's Xmas dinner and trust me it's a very very loooong day with that lot. :)

Oh I'm not tagging anyone but if you fancy giving the 99 things ago let me know ;)

No comments: