Friday 21 November 2008

Things that happen in threes

* The internet has stopped working on my laptop
* The fuse blew so we were in darkness
* I woke up at 4.30am with a horrible pain then was up all night visiting the white porcelain god in the bathroom. :(

Yaaah fun times eh? Ah well musn't grumble I've had my washing and ironing done for me for the past 5 weeks while I've had my mum visiting with us. She went home today so it's back to the joys of ironing for me. Not! I apparently missed the joy of ironing gene. My mum loves to iron, the woman irons socks to gawds sake! Me? I'm more of the shake it and make sure you fold it properly straight off the line or out of the tumble dryer. I do iron clothes just not jumpers, knickers, socks, bras (yes I have witnessed her ironing a bra) towels or sheets if I can help it. Ah well I guess we all have our little things. :D

Due to being poorly I spent most of today in the land of nod. As soon as my mum left I went straight back to bed and only woke up when wee one had to ring the doorbell to get back in the house after school. So no crafting done today but I do have my Buy Nothing Swap stuff to post out tomorrow. And I've got a list of things I want to get done for Christmas so looks like I'll be busy busy busy.

Do you like my arty shot from the Wickerman festival?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Wickerman pic, love the idea of snow (just the idea will sustain me at the mo' LOL) love the fact you were cuddled up in one of your G'mas blankets & that you have a Mum who loves to iron ; ) The ironing gene missed me as well and I've also seen my Mum iron underwear,towels & sheets!

Taz said...

Maybe it's a generational thing? D'y reckon? We used to tease Mum by saying we were too scared to stand still too close to her when she had an iron or she'd iron us :)
The snow is still here but it is now melting thanks to the poxy rain that started this afternoon, just as wee one was making her brilliant snow woman. Typical!