Thursday 23 December 2010

How much!!


I went food shopping yesterday, I only needed some veg, a few bits for our meals and some things for our Boxing Day - Christmas Day Mark 2. My pal is working Christmas Day so she and her wee lad are coming round to open pressies and eat lots of goodies on Boxing Day.


Anyway I digress, so there we were with our trolley just over half full trying to avoid all the mad one's with their overflowing trolleys with enough food and booze in them to feed probably their entire street!



Maybe I'm just out of touch as I don't have lots and lots of people to invite round for drinks and nibbles but I do wonder how much of that food ends up in the bin.



Right I better go get these Christmas cakes iced, as happy as I would be with just marzipan on them I think the small people would like something a bit fancier. ;)

2 comments:

JuicyFig said...

Hehe, I know what you mean about the supermarkets, I just go to my mums and let her do all that!

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas - both of them!

Kath
x

Twiggy said...

I hear you Sister. Just had our shopping delivered and there are just a few extras on top of a normal week. We popped into Morrisons yesterday to buy some Whisky for Grandad Twigs. There was a couple in the queue next to us, who had a trolley each !! and were discussing what they had so presumably all for their house. Perhaps they were having a party but I wondered how much would end up in landfill - barmy !!
Twiggy x