Monday 1 March 2010

And the results are in

I've been suffering with episodes of intense pain for the last three years, yes I know I should have done something about it all a lot sooner than now, and I finally admitted I needed to do something about it. So after visiting the Dr, having blood tests and an ultrasound scan the results have come back with the diagnosis that I have one large gallstone.



Looking back to when this all started with all the information there is out there about gallstones I think my losing 7 stone in one year may not have helped and now I fall into the fat and forty category :D

Anyway I'm now being referred to the surgeon and my Dr says the options are usually either them going in and just pulling out the stone or taking the whole gallbladder out. Can't say I'm thrilled about the thought of surgery but when you've been in so much pain you'd rather give birth drug free than face another night writhing in agony and banging your head off the wall then it's kind of a relief to know that something is going to be done to take away the pain.

Oh and I forgot to say Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant Hapus i bawb. (Happy St David's Day to all) Tomorrow will mark 8 years since me and the smalls left Wales to live here in bonny Scotland.

11 comments:

Twiggy said...

Oooo poor you BUT it's better to know what's wrong AND a pal of mine had a gallstone removed 5 years ago and she too had suffered for ages undiagnosed and she says she's felt great ever since.
Here's a big hug from me !!
twiggy x
PS I'd be happy to trip around NYC with you too :)

Lx @ Twelve said...

Ouch! Gall stones are very painful!

Get the little critters whipped out ASAP.....

Sending you a hug & hoping the Drs gave you something decent for the pain!

Love Lydiaxx

Unknown said...

Chin up! Be brave! at least you know what is wrong, and it can be fixed, its always a worry having pain and wonderin whats wrong - you jump to all sorts of dreadful ideas.
You will be fine - and lots better.
Take care.

Vicky x

menopausalmusing said...

Oh, OH! POOR YOU! Hope you make your decision soon and get it all sorted. How awful you must have felt....... Sending you a hug! (I put "jug" but noticed my spelling mistake, thank goodness).

Pink Feather Paradise said...

My mum has her gall stones in a little bottle... she really wierd though! lol

hope you feel better soon... big hugs

Alex
x

Twiggy said...

Dde bacia amdanat yn chwilfriwio arglwyddes :)
Twiggy xx

PS My word verif is ubumi - oy !!!!

Jude said...

You will feel so much better..
We ate leeks! No daffs here
Oh and I found Cerys Matthews singing Calon Lan from You Tube to put up on Facebook...

Pixiedust said...

Hope you feel better soon. xx Pixie xx

Shabby Chick said...

Ow ow ow!!! I guess like childbirth you just want it over now, must be very wearing with all that pain all the time :(

Hugs, Mel xxx

lisa ridgeon said...

Goodness me, you must have a very high pain threshold to put up with that for three years. Very best luck with the treatment. Hope you feel better soon.
X X

zombiecazz said...

A couple of years ago I spent about two months with Gallstone pain. Nothing like it in the world. I'd take childbirth over it any day. Fortunately mine eventually passed without any surgery. But I did spent a lot of time sitting in a hot shower. Only way past the pain apart from some lovely codeine.