Sunday 21 February 2010

Do you know

it's pretty impossible not to take great photos in New York.

The view from the top of the Rockefeller Centre


Can you imagine living here? This is Brooklyn and I want to explore there a whole lto more than the quick bus tour we did.




Cheesecake for one?


Yellow taxi cabs. See even a quick shot of the street makes you feel like you're taking iconic shots.



The M+M store. So many colours, flavours and types that we certainly don't get to see over here.

I was lucky enough to get a week in New York in 2008, I think I could live there for years and still not get to see and do all the things I'd like to. It is certainly a place that I will get back to one day.

Disclaimer - These are all my own photos so please DO NOT copy without permission. THANK YOU.

9 comments:

Pink Feather Paradise said...

lovely photo's, and was that cherry drink nice? I love cherry cola but that sounds like it should be good... and I love cheesecake... and that portion was amazing... did you manage to eat it all? on your own..? its not a place I have considered visiting but you may just have changed my mind.. lol

x Alex

Bodkin World said...

What fabulous photos! You are lucky!
The Bodkins want to say a huge thank you for becoming their first follower!! xxx

Lx @ Twelve said...

Oooh, Ahhh & lots of yum noise coming from here to you, over those loely photo's

Yes you will get back I'm sure.

Lx

menopausalmusing said...

Seriously good photos.... and a WHOLE M and M's shop? Only in America................

menopausalmusing said...

Seriously good photos.... and a WHOLE M and M's shop? Only in America................

JuicyFig said...

brilliant photo's - I went to New York about 10 years ago and got 100's of shots of tall buildings on the open top bus tour "if you look at the tall building on the Left..." "if you look at the tall building on the right" it was a relief to look at the floor!!!!

Kath
x

Twiggy said...

Isn't it weird I've never been to New York but cos I've seen it on tv and in films for years I feel like I know it. I'm a country gal rather than a city gal, but I'd love to visit. I would want to be accompanied by Mr Big though :)
Twiggy x

lisa ridgeon said...

I love New York. We spent the Millenium celebrations in Times Square. We keep saying we'll go back but haven't made it yet. One day! Great photos. My photography skills are pretty grim!

I wish your daughter every luck with her exams. It's shocking when you realise how ill prepared they are. Talking to the Tutor was an eye opener. It seems it's not enough for them to have a good understanding of a subject, they also need to know/learn how to write an exam paper. Something the schools don't seem to teach them.

X X

Greedy Nan said...

Thanks so much for your comment to me - it's nice to know I'm not completely on my own!
I thought the M&Ms were carpet rolls until I read the legend alongside!