Wednesday 24 October 2007

I made a hat!

Yes and I am making that into a song and jigging about as I'm singing it. I'm so happy, I did it! Only problem is now I've done it, I'm going to have to do it again and again, small people have already placed their orders. And who knows I'm thinking Christmas gifts for hard to buy for relatives ;)



Other news. I received my Photographer's swap parcel and was totally spoiled. My partner made me not one but two camera cosies, one for each of my cameras. And they are totally gorgeous. I also received a beautiful photo tree, a hand painted frame and a photo album I can't stop stroking. Here they are in all their gorgeousness.

This is what I sent my partner. I stencilled her a shirt with a big old eye, cos every photographer needs a good eye eh? :D A camera cosy and a journal, oh and a wee dishcloth for keeping her equipment nice and clean. :D


Another thing to share is the package I sent to my From Records to Ipods partner. I stencilled her 2 shirts, knitted a wee ipod cosy and sewed a cassette pin cushion and a boombox clutch bag. One of the things on her wish list was a rectangle yellow boombox bag, well my sewing isn't quite up to that but I can handle a bit of felt so I went to town and I'm pleased to say my partner was really happy with it.


Oh and it doesn't stop there (please make it stop I hear you cry but bear with me please) This is a scarf that took forever to knit as the wool is so bobbly (see close up shot) but I finally finished it and my Mum spotted it on her recent visit so it's now gone home with her and she's told me how to stop overtightening when I'm casting off ;)




Had to share this as it made me chuckle.
This is me!

It starts around 30.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to wash my car. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the bin under the table, and notice that the bin is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the rubbish first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the rubbish anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my chequebook off the table, and see that there is only one cheque left.

My extra cheques are in my desk in the dining room, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the drink aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the coke a vase of flowers on the window sill catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the drink down on the window sill, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the window sill, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote.

Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the lounge where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some paper towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of coke sitting on the window sill, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one cheque in my chequebook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favour, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember to whom it has been sent.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

2 comments:

Barking Biscuit said...

Forgive me if this is a duplicate comment...something strange happened the first time round.
Lovely hat!
And...OMG...I thought I was the only one to have days like you've described! Glad I'm not alone. Thanks for the laugh.

Taz said...

No double post ;)
Thanks for the comment on the hat, I've spent too long looking at it now and have started getting self critical.