Well our French exchange student went back off home on Friday. Despite the last minute rush of packing (she was still packing at 11.30pm on the Thursday AND still hadn't finished by breakfast time the following morning!) we got her on the bus in time with all her forms completed and big hugs and kisses all round. I hope that she enjoyed her time here with us. Big one can't wait now till it's her turn to go over to France next year.
I've been busy crafting away getting my stuff done for the Owl Swap Round 4 over at CraftsterJust waiting now for my partner to get back off her holidays so I can send it out in the post. Gulp! Am very nervous :/
Also I've been stencilling like a crazy woman. I decided to try out a new technique involving contact paper. Print out the design onto the paper side, cut out, peel, stick to shirt, paint, dry, peel off and voila one stenciled shirt with lovely clear straight lines. I won't post pics just now of the shirts I've done as the design is the one I'm sending to my Craftster partner and you never know who's checking out your blog now do you ;)
Right while I've been away busy with entertaining French girls, working and general life I see I've been tagged by the lovely ">Bumbershootska. I've been tagged for 5 random facts about all about me. 5? I think most of ‘me’ is random until I have to think about it, then suddenly I think I’m the most boring person on the planet. Hmmm. And then I’m to tag 5 other people, oh I can see me being popular for that, do I even know 5 people on here, come to think of it do 5 people know me :D
Right so let's see what can I tell you.
1. I hate peas. I don't just hate them, I HATE them. I have very bad memories of being still sat at the dinner table long after the meal had finished with my plate sat infront of me with the offending green globules still sat there, stone cold staring at me with their evilness. I'd probably have grown out of my dislike of them long ago, as I did with most other vegetables, if it hadn't been such a mealtime battle or if my Mother just hadn't served me them knowing full well the whole saga would become a groundhog day every meal time. Random enough?
2. The best friend I've ever had was my first dog. His name was Butch, he was a cross between a Great Dane and a Bull Mastiff and my Mum and Dad adopted him just weeks before I was born. He died when I was seven and I still miss him.
3. I think Bumbershootska and I have the same name. Think Mrs King out of The Avengers or Gone with the wind.
4. I love thunder and lightening. While some of my friends are cowering under the stairs I'm the one at the window counting down between the flash of lightening and the rumble of thunder.
5. I'd love to have a minimalistic home but with a husband, 2 kids, a slobbery dog and a crafting fetish this is highly unlikely to ever happen.
Now to find 5 people to tag.
takinanap - because I LOVE your sock creations.
big_girlfeet - because I love the fact I'm not the only big footed woman out there.
the-pink-kitchen - anyone who has a pink kitchen has to be tagged :)
thriftygoodness - I wish she could take me thrifting with her.
bumbershootska - because it's you that got me into this in the first place :p
Oh and can someone teach me how to do a direct link to someone's blog because I used the link button but nothing appeared :( Many thanks to big girl feet for her help with putting in link properly. You're a star thank you petal.