Wednesday 9 June 2010

My latest bizarre buys

My fabulous £2 Charity shop toadstool.

It said damaged on the sticker, which I take to mean this big crack down the side but I think it adds character.




I picked up and put down this tile about three times but at £1 I just couldn't resist the bright colours. I think they are Kookaburra's what do you think?




And finally my £2.50 large jar with vine leaves all over it. It is now the proud receptacle of my white button collection.


Not a bad wee haul eh? I'm trying to not buy any books from the charity shop as my book collection is getting to crazy proportions again. In fact I'm proud of myself for having a box full of box waiting (for someone without a sore back) to be taken to the charity shop. Proud that is that it's a box leaving the house and not entering!

7 comments:

JuicyFig said...

What brilliant finds - I am sure the toadstool is supposed to be like that - I bought hubby a similar one from the guy who made it, and it has a 'natural' crack! (ooh er!)
They might just be cooking burrows!!!

Kath
x

Shabby Chick said...

Well done Taz! Our books are getting out of control as well (I have bags and bags of them in my wardrobe for God's sake!). We end up picking them up at car boots and my other half just will not part with anything even if he's unlikely to ever read it again :-S

Mel xxx

Twiggy said...

Lovely stuff, the shroom is fab
twiggy x

lisa ridgeon said...

My Hubby loves books and has never and will never throw any away, he's even reluctant to lend them to people incase he doesn't get them back.

Very nice choice of goodies there. I'm off charity rummageing today. I need furniture. I have my measurements so wish me luck.

X X

ilovemyhouse said...

That toadstool is fantastic. And books? Same thing here noting new coming in before i read all the ones that lay at my bedside waiting. xx

Shaheen said...

I like both the toadstool and the tile. I would have picked them up too.

Understand where your coming from with the books, but I just can't seem to help myself.

zombiecazz said...

Yep Kookaburra. I can understand why you couldn't resist. Love the jar too