Monday 28 June 2010

How much is too much for a cup of coffee?



This one is a little out of my price range.
John Lewis very kindly emailed me to let me know that they have this coffee machine on clearance from £999 to £750. Cough cough splutter splutter!

To get to my nearest Starbucks or any of the others is at least a 70 mile round trip so lets just say I'm quite used to drinking instant.

It does sound very nice though apparently it creates the perfect cappuccino, latte or macchiato, you just fill it with water and fresh milk, load the coffee beans, or ground coffee and voila a nice cup of coffee.
It even does that steamy thing that they do when you have all the frothy milk.

I did have a Senseo coffee maker but it was actually the ex's (a fathers day present one year funny how he always used to get good presents and I got flowers) so that left when he did.

Ah well for now it's me, the kettle and my instant granules. If I'm honest that big thing up there looks like a whole lot of washing up to me. :D But if anyone would like me to review one I'm more than happy to give it a go...just for you ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah bugger that expensive coffee maker...the co-op do a good fair trade arabica which is deeelicious.
Em xxx

menopausalmusing said...

You'd only have to find room on the worktop for it anyway..........

Pink Feather Paradise said...

We bought a coffee machine with the milk frother do dah and the daft cup thing to make expresso... back in the days when I was trying to be the little lady at home and living the metropolitan lifestyle... ie being a snob! lol

Since meeting a bunch of wonderful peoples on here I have found my natural state and I have discarded such gadgets... plus you are completely correct ... it was a flipping beatch to clean.. ;D

If someone gave you £750 would you spend it on a coffee machine? I think not! lol

big hugs
Alex
x

Beki said...

Looks a little scary to me and yes, far too much washing up.
Think I'll stick to me instant, one cup, one spoon and even that's a lot of washing up ;)

B xxx

lisa ridgeon said...

Crikey, that is some coffee machine.

We had a Tassimo for a few years but it died in the house move. They cost £119. You can get them for £80 on Amazon but i like to buy electricals in store so i can have a moan face-to-face if they go wrong. Debenhams had them for £119 but the box at the back had 'Sale £97' so i grabbed that one! At the till it came up as £119 but they said they would honour the £97 price so i felt rather pleased with myself for finding a bargain.

X X

Twiggy said...

Mr Twigs parents bought us a Senseo a few years ago, it lives in the cupboard while we drink Tesco gold instant - what a pair of slackers :)
Twiggy x

Unknown said...

I just use a cafetiere and make do, it was 2 quid in asda, it make lovely coffee