Friday 8 May 2009

Having a non senior moment

I'm not even sure what that title means but of late I seem to be struggling again. Living in a house that seems to be in a constant unfinished state could be part of it, I can't even seem to get on top of simple household tasks..why do dogs constantly seem to moult, why don't bathrooms self-clean? I managed to smash two of my new plates this morning as the stack on the draining board was a tadge precarious to say the least. The state of the kids bedrooms has got to the point that I feel like calling Kim and Aggie in. I have so many unfinished wips and lists of things I want to make. Oh and for some reason today my computer has decided that it doesn't want to download any of my pictures from my camera and I have some great charity shops buys to share. Aaaagh! Ok feel better for that rant and am now going to arm myself with a dustbin bag and a forced grin.

Or maybe I should pin this guy on to their doors.




Hopefully I'll get a night out tonight with my friend and we can have a good giggle, that usually is a good fix. To anyone that has got to the end of this post without their ears bleeding (or especially if your ears are bleeding) have a great weekend. ;)

EDITED 15:38pm
Even more :( now. Night out is cancelled cos my mates 17 year old son has chickenpox.

9 comments:

menopausalmusing said...

Ah, so there are TWO of us like that on this planet.... I have just cleaned a five bedroom/four bathroom house. . . . and it wasn't mine. Mine is tiny and a shit tip!(AND kids have long gone, so I can't blame them). Bit like mechanics always have scruffy, uncared for cars I expect..... Enjoy time out with your friend. x

Twiggy said...

Hello you, hope you have a good giggle tonight. Twiglet is at nursery today so lots of cleaning and ironing has been done, but I still feel like I'm drowning in a sea of crappola, think problem is too much STUFF crammed into a too small house, ho hum at least it's the weekend soon!!!
Twiggy x

Beki said...

You're not alone hunni!
I will definately be showing Jess the poster 'hehe'.
We live in a nice big flat but there is absolutely no storage space and we're not allowed to put shelves up so there is crap everywhere, i'm always falling over something.
There's been times i've just sat down and because I can't keep on top of things.
Have a fun night tonight and a great weekend.
Big ((hugs))
Beki xxx

The Vintage Kitten said...

Oh dear, I feel the same just now. I have started decorating and every room is like a bombsite. I cant get one job finished, I have no motivation. Ive started pulling wallpaper off in my sitting room and it has unfinished shelves Mr K can only do when he has abit of free time so its going to take forever, we are also putting up tongue and groove. I need a new front door because it has completely warped and we cant open it. The woodwork in the main bedroom needs doing after Ive finished painting the inside of the cupboard. Passage paintwork and stairs need a coat of paint. The bathroom woodwork needs painting and Im bored with my kitchen decor!!! Oh and the boiler is knackered and we had no hot water for 4 days, but apart from that everything is hunky dory! So its not just you.....hope that makes you feel better LOL! X

P.S Talking of senior moments, Mr K visited his parents this afternoon, his dad was wondering about from one room to the other and couldnt remember what he was looking for......He has just rang (approx 3 hours after Mr K got home) to say he was looking for some sweets to give to me......Barmy!

zombiecazz said...

I bet your house is a dream compared to mine. I ove my family,but they are the laziest most untidy creatures on the entire planet. I work full time, do the majority of cooking and clothes washing. If I actually did the cleaning up too I'd have absolutely no time to craft...so most of the time I just say "To hell with it" and just don't let anyone past my front door. :o)

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Oh dear, I am at a loss with housework too.... you bust a gut to get it straight and within an hour it looks like you haven't done a thing...
My bedroom is still a mess and I really want a space of my own...

I did Danny's room yesterday... and Jamie is supposedly doing hers now.... or do you think she's more likely playing on her DS...?

Onward and upward! I have no idea why... but I will keep trudging!

x Alex

Jude said...

I know, I've always hated housework, think it stems from having a mother who is (still at 75) a house tidying/cleaning freak........

Hen said...

Hi Taz,
Thanks for visiting my blog. The cider comes in rather boring plastic containers but you can buy the earthenware ones and have those refilled instead.
Hen x

zombiecazz said...

Want to put an order in for cider and we can share the postage?

http://www.ciderbrandy.co.uk/shop.html